What we do
We’ve a highly-trained workforce of circa 3500, 40 + national operational centres, 4 training hubs and a fleet of over 2500 vehicles.
Working on behalf of
Apply to this job
We have an opening in our Rail division for a Supervisor SWL2 to join our Rail team. A Safe Work Leader is the person with overall responsibility for the safety of all planned work on Network Rail worksites. He or she will manage operational and task safety risks when working on the rail infrastructure.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
There will only ever be one person undertaking the role of safe work leader (SWL) on each work site. Depending on the activities, the safe work leader may be supported by task leaders / COSS (controllers of site safety). A task leader / COSS is the person responsible for carrying out a particular job / task within a worksite in a possession. The SWL will be involved in planning the tasks and will be important in deciding whether any late changes to the plan can be accepted. All work on or near the line, and any work which poses a risk to the safe running of the operational railway, will require an SWL and a permit to work. Permits will be issued for each activity before work starts.
As part of your day to day role, you are responsible for the following:
• Planning and managing a worksite within a possession: leading and managing the risks of multiple tasks and how they interface. A task leader will lead each work area.
• The safety of employees and clients/public who may come into contact with our day-to-day operations
• Incident, close call, near miss reporting
• Initial incident management and safety of operatives and rail infrastructure
• The quality of installation of assets onto the Rail infrastructure
• The day-to-day management of both direct & indirectly employed operatives onsite
• Site inductions for direct and indirect employees and site visitors
• The productivity of staff booking time to the project
• Delivery & return of safety briefings
• Transient site set up & closure
• The control of materials onsite
• The control of plant onsite and its correct use age
• Weekly sign off of times sheet for the project
• Carrying out weekly site inspections
• Mobilisation & demobilisation of site
• Recording/managing site staff working hours
• Collating Health & Safety file information and submit to Design Manager as per Project Plan
• Collating & returning of SSOW / WPP / Task Briefings
• Ensuring that all work is undertaken in accordance with signed AFC designs
• Ensuring that all allocated installation staff hold the necessary certificates for the project
• Ensuring that the potential for design change is notified to the delivery engineer at the earliest opportunity to allow the CRE/designer to review and provide alternatives
• Completing and signing the installation check sheets as verification of works complete in accordance with the AFC design and quality standards and returning these to the delivery engineer
• Maintaining records of installation personnel utilised for the project on a day-to-day basis
• Maintaining photographs of all installation works pre and post works
The above list is not exhaustive, and you will occasionally be asked to undertake additional duties where it is reasonable and appropriate.
• PTS certificate
• SWL or conversion arranged
• Driving License
• Project safety management experience.
• Able to work nights, weekends and days as the programme requires
• Full Clean UK driving licence
• Knowledge of health, safety, environmental & quality assurance, and regulations.
• Strong leadership skills
• Punctual & Team player
• Positive, proactive, and flexible approach
• Self-organised with the ability to prioritise tasks
• Good task and time management skills
• Honesty and integrity
• Ability to work confidentially
• Ability to work under pressure
• Good working knowledge of Excel, Word and Outlook
• Excellent oral and written communication
What's on offer for successful candidate?
• Competitive Salary
About Kelly Group:
Established in 1985 to support the emerging UK cable television market, Kelly Group has diversified to meet the needs of our clients. With over 35 years’ experience and customer service at the heart of our business, Kelly Group is renowned for building networks in collaboration with several major leading telecommunication service providers, delivering innovative multi-functional solutions - connecting people globally.
Kelly Group operate nationally with 40+ operational centres and deliver a full suite of services. From the initial planning, design, notification through to installation, final commissioning and maintenance of networks, Kelly Group deliver a ‘one-stop solution’ to meet the needs of our clients and delight their customers.
As a service provider, our workforce is our extended family, which is why we invest in their safety, training, careers, welfare, vehicles, and tools they need to deliver excellence. With a workforce of circa 3500, 40+ national operational centres, 4 training hubs and a fleet of over 2500 vehicles, Kelly Group are committed to developing an excellent team, a fair culture, and a safe working environment.
If you feel you have the required experience and want to further your career with a long-standing communications contractor, please apply.
Kelly Group Locations - London, Exeter, Southampton, Bristol, Colchester, Cardiff, Cambridge, Wellingborough, Norwich, Birmingham, Peterborough, Coventry, Leicester, Derby, Stoke-On-Trent, Manchester, Liverpool, Leeds, York, Preston, Glasgow, Aberdeen, Belfast, Dublin
Kelly House, Fourth Way, Wembley
Middlesex, HA9 0LH
We are always recruiting for the best people in the industry, click here see our latest vacancies.