What we do
Civil Operatives- Coventry, Nort
Apply to this job
Kelly Communications Limited is a leading provider of services to the telecommunications industry and has long-term, ongoing contracts with a number of major, multi-media and telecommunication providers.
We are currently seeking to recruit experienced Civils Operatives to join our team in the UK. Under the direction of the Operations Manager & Site Agents, applicants will be required to perform excavations, repairs and reinstatement's, installation of ducting, chambers and street cabinets and the installation of draw rope on telecoms infrastructure located within the public highway and customers premises using up to date client standard operating procedures and in full compliance to current legislation, health and safety requirements and company policies.
Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Provide new installation of duct, chambers, cabinets & associated equipment.
- Clear blockages in the highway and reinstate to industry standard ensuring all information / pictures are captured on company supplied assets.
- Be competent in the use of Stihl Saws / Wacker plates / trench compactor / mini digger / jack hammer and hold the correct certification to complete the works.
- Install new draw rope to customer's premises prior to installation date.
- Complete appropriate paperwork for your daily works (job sheets / risk assessments / plant sheets / van sheets).
- Experience of risk assessment and hazard identification and a strong focus on health and safety requirements and responsibilities.
- To be responsible for the company assets & plant assigned to you for the purpose of performing your duties.
- To treat internal and external customers with respect and provide support at all times.
- Ensure compliance with all current client processes and procedures.
- Experience in a similar operational or engineering environment within the telecommunications industry.
- Be able to communicate effectively and professionally with internal and external clients.
- The successful candidate will hold a full UK drivers licence and have a minimum 1 year proven driving experience, they will also be able to prove confident skills in the area of street works and have industry recognised qualification to the following standard: NRSWACSCS