Openreach Service Delivery
Due to customer demand and lead times BT Openreach approached Kelly Communications to provide installation services for Residential & Small Business Phone Lines on a national footprint. We had previously worked as a contract partner for BT. Kellys had an existing workforce of 50 engineers with knowledge of the Openreach Network. The Project started with 7 engineers and rapidly grew to over 950 installation engineers during the current project
Scope of Works
- Initial 4,000 customer visits increasing to over 84,000 per month.
- Appointment allocation of Kelly engineers AM/PM on a Bespoke IT System (KRS) connected to the Openreach gateway (Real Time Updates).
- Installation of Copper & Fibre circuits.
- Installation and testing from exchange to NTE.
- Network integrity test on completions.
- Consumer equivalence.
- National Footprint
- All Engineers accredited to Openreach Standards
- Setup 3 training centres across the country that are able to deliver Openreach accredited network training.
- Increased workforce from 7 engineers to 950FTE over the length project
- Flexible response to varying volume and geographical demands
- Implement a National Control centre covering all work allocations and Jeopardy management
- Built a Bespoke IT solution that connects with the Openreach gateway and offers real time updates including Job Closure/Progress, Where’s My Engineers (Customer Text Service)
- Successful delivery of volume against KPI targets